Data Privacy Statement
General information about the collection of personal data
- It’s important to us that your privacy be protected while you’re using our website. Accordingly, we will always use your personal data according to statutory provisions on data protection. Personal data means all data that can be attributed to you personally, such as your name, address, email address and user behaviour. In the following, we will inform you about how we will handle your personal data.
- The controller under Art. 4 (7) EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the person named as the controller in the Impressum (legal notice). You can reach this person under the contact data indicated there.
- If you are under 16, please get permission from your parent or legal guardian before you provide personal data or become active on our website.
Under the provisions of the GDPR, you may assert the following rights toward us:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
To assert one of your rights listed above, you may contact us at any time.
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, with effect for the future. Withdrawing consent will not affect the legality of any processing performed on the basis of that consent before that consent was withdrawn.
Moreover, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. The competent supervisory authority for your federal province is accessible under www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- You can visit our website without telling us who you are. As is typical of almost all websites, the server on which our website is located (“Webserver”) collects information from you automatically whenever you visit us on the internet. These data are technically necessary for us and guarantee the website’s stability and security.
If the system is misused, we will use this information in cooperation with your internet provider, local authorities, or both, to determine the perpetrator of that misuse.
- Making contact
- If you contact us through email or a contact form, we will store the data you communicate (your email address and possibly your name and telephone number) to answer your questions. We will delete the data accumulated in this context as soon as its storage is no longer necessary, or will restrict its processing if statutory retention periods exist.
- The provision of your personal data is not a statutory or contractual obligation. This means you are not obligated to provide us with your personal data. If you decide not to provide us with your personal data, we will be unable to answer all parts of your question, if any.
No decisions are made automatically—in other words, based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling—which will legally affect or otherwise similarly impair you.
Webserver logs: 14 days
Location of the data processing
We process your data exclusively in Germany or the EU.
Forwarding your personal data
As a basic principle, personal data will not be forwarded to third parties.
If we must forward data to our service providers as part of the services described here, or if service providers must process data (as part of website support, for example), those service providers will be bound by contractual specifications with us regarding data protection, in addition to compulsory statutory provisions.
We use data security measures, which we continually optimise according to technical and statutory developments, to protect your data as best we can against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties, such as dedicated firewall systems, managed antivirus systems from well-known manufacturers and premium SSL encryption, as well as well-known and trustworthy certification agencies.
Links to other websites
Our online services contain links to other websites. This data privacy statement does not extend to other providers. We have no influence on whether the operators of those providers will take over and comply with the data protection provisions, and are therefore not responsible for whether the information provided there is correct, up to date or complete.
Questions and comments
If you have questions or comments about these guidelines regarding data protection and cookies, please contact us (for contact data, see the imprint).
The rapid development of the internet makes it necessary to adjust our data protection provisions from time to time. You will be informed here about any updates.
Last revision: 03 January 2022